In response to the piece published here at C4P and the discussion among our readers, U.S. Senate Candidate Deb Fischer’s campaign has released the following statement to C4P readers which has been also been added to the original article found here:
Thank you for covering the very important U.S. Senate race in Nebraska. In 2008, I had the great privilege of working as a regional political director for the McCain-Palin campaign. During the campaign, I saw firsthand the huge boost Governor Palin provided the ticket and how many lives she inspired. I will never forget the rally I helped manage in Colorado Springs, where over 15,000 people crammed into a minor league baseball stadium to hear Governor Palin speak. It was an amazing day!
I would prefer to use this opportunity, not to criticize our Republican opponents, but to reach out to all C4P readers who are interested in learning more about Senator Deb Fischer. She is a proven conservative leader who will beat Ben Nelson.
Here is a basic outline of Senator Fischer’s stance on the issues:
• 100% Pro-Life Voting Record in Nebraska Unicameral
• Signed the AFP “No Climate Tax” Pledge
• Signed the Let Freedom Ring “Cut, Cap and Balance” Pledge
• Supports a balanced budget amendment
• Opposed debt-ceiling compromise deal
• 100% NFIB Rating in Nebraska Unicameral
• Opposes amnesty and benefits for illegal aliens
• Signed the ATR “Taxpayer Protection” pledge
• Opposes the bailouts
• Supports the federal marriage amendment
• Supports repealing Obamacare
• Opposes earmarks
• Opposes Cap-and-Trade
• A+ NRA Rating in Nebraska Unicameral
Just like Governor Palin, Senator Fischer isn’t a career politician. She served on the school board and then as a citizen legislator in the Nebraska Unicameral where she continues to serve. Senator Fischer has a record of accomplishment since she took office.
Here are some examples of Senator Fischer’s leadership:
• Co-sponsored a bill to provide for additional voluntary and informed consents from a woman prior to abortion. (LB 675, 2009 Session)
• Co-sponsored and passed the Adopt the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. (LB 1103, 2010 Session)
• Passed the Concealed Handgun Permit Act, which allows Nebraskans to carry concealed weapons. (LB 454, 2005 Session)
• Created an apprentice hunter education exemption certificate, which allows hunters the ability to take a newcomer hunting before the completion of a hunter education course. (LB 690, 2008 Session)
• Voted against the DREAM Act of 2006, which gives amnesty and in-state tuition to illegal aliens. (LB 239, 2006 Session)
• Co-sponsored bill to repeal the DREAM Act in 2010. (LB 1001, 2010 Session)
• Passed the biggest tax relief package in Nebraska history that included reducing property taxes and eliminating the estate tax. (LB 377, 2007 Session)
• Co-sponsored a bill to decrease the size of government with a constitutional amendment to abolish the office of the State Treasurer. (LR 284 CA, 2010 Session)
• After the Kelo Supreme Court Decision, Sen. Fischer passed a priority bill to protect private property rights from eminent domain abuse. (LB 924, 2006 Session)
• She led passage of a bill that will fund new roads throughout Nebraska without raising taxes. (LB 84, 2011 Session)
As you can see, Senator Fischer has provided conservative leadership to the state of Nebraska. For her, politics is not about catchy sound bites; it’s about making policy and solving problems.
We welcome your thoughts, so please feel free to contact us directly. You can reach us by phone at 402-742-0084 or email info@DebFischer2012.com.
Deb Fischer for U.S. Senate