John Hawkins, Townhall:
1) Most people who claim to be “victims” in politics are delighted to have been “victimized” because it allows them to gain money, attention or hurt their enemies.
2) Because Republicans don’t fight for anything, Democrats don’t see a need to compromise on anything.
3) When politicians say they “take responsibility” for what they’ve done, it’s a dodge because they don’t mean they’re willing to accept the penalties they deserve for what they’ve done.
4) Although racism certainly still exists in America, 99% of the time in politics, cries of “racism” are part of a cynical, politically-motivated strategy to hurt a political opponent or achieve a political end.
5) “To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.” — Charles Krauthammer
6) If the mainstream media doesn’t note the Party of someone caught up in the scandal, then that person is a Democrat.
7) If there is a group of people in politics with money to spend in support of an idea, no matter how foolish, stupid or conspiratorial it may be, someone will happily show up to champion their cause as long as the donations, campaign contributions or ad dollars keep flowing.