via Law Officer:
Disbarment Charges are Filed Against Baltimore State Attorney Marilyn Mosby
July 2, 2016
A Georgetown law professor has filed disbarment charges against Marilyn Mosby for her corrupt prosecution of six Baltimore cops in the death of career criminal, Freddie Gray. There have now been 3 trials and Mosby hasn’t come close to winning one yet and has even been excoriated for withholding exculpatory evidence. The list of charges against Mosby are as follows:
- that she did not have probably cause to believe that there was sufficient admissible evidence to support a conviction of the officers;
- that she made public statements regarding the case which were false;
- that she improperly withheld evidence from the defense that was exculpatory;
- that she continued to prosecute cases after the judge assigned to hear the cases found insufficient evidence to support a conviction;
- that she engaged in conduct that was dishonest, fraudulent, deceitful and which misrepresented the facts in the case.
The complaint filed with the Maryland Bar Counsel calls Mosby “a runaway prosecutor” and alleges she violated ethics rules, claiming she never had probable cause to charge six officers in the death of Freddie Gray.
“I think Marilyn Mosby has harmed the city of Baltimore. And if she continues, that harm will get worse,” said law professor John Banzhaf, George Washington University.
Banzhaf, who filed the complaint, accuses Mosby of only filing charges to stop the unrest in Baltimore. (Read More)
Read the full article at Law Officer