via Life News:
The Abortion Movement Just Lost their War on the Unborn
Steven Mosher | November 10, 2016
On the campaign trail, Donald Trump often said, “I’m going to make every dream you ever dreamed about your country come true.”
The “dream” of pro-lifers has been an America where the scourge of abortion is no more. That’s why they voted for Trump in overwhelming numbers, returning a pro-life majority in the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.
Come next January, when Donald Trump is sworn in as the 45thPresident of the United States, a pro-life majority will be seated in the House and the Senate.
Now the American people rarely give the same political party control over the House, the Senate, and the White House. But that is exactly the happy situation that, thank God, we find ourselves in now.
The long stalemate between the Party of Abortion and the Party of Life is now over, and things should begin to move in our direction come January. I expect a number of legislative remedies to our national tragedy of abortion to emerge from the Congress and the White House.
- Trump will ask the House and Senate leadership to send him legislation defunding Planned Parenthood. […]
- Trump will also back the passage of legislation banning abortions after 20 weeks. […]
- Trump has also pledged to “repeal and replace” Obamacare. […]
- With Trump’s support, I also expect the Mexico City policy, first passed by President Reagan in 1984, to be written into permanent law. […]
- We will also, again with Trump’s support, be able to permanently defund the UN Population Fund. […]
There are two potential roadblocks to this rosy scenario. The first is the Senate tradition of filibustering. (Read More)
Read the full article at Life News